If you’re one of those at risk, get the answers you need to take charge of your health.
Almost 10 million Americans have undiagnosed diabetes and another 86 million have prediabetes, a condition that often leads to diabetes. And most people with diabetes don’t experience symptoms until it’s too late.
Risk factors include:
- A family history of diabetes (such as a mother, father, aunt, or uncle with diabetes)
- Being overweight or obese
- Having a sedentary lifestyle
- Eating a high-carbohydrate, high-sugar diet
- Previously having had diabetes during pregnancy
Have any of these risk factors? One of the most important things you can do is visit a primary care doctor who can order the right tests and evaluate your overall health.
Find the right primary care doctor using information that’s personalized just for you.