Last updated: September 12, 2016
Our data security philosophy is simple. You’re trusting us with your healthcare data. And we take that responsibility very seriously—legally and ethically.
In addition to the substantial physical and technological safeguards outlined below, we also require that all Castlight Health employees undergo thorough background checks, HIPAA training and information security training.
Finally, we encourage you to report any potential security vulnerabilities in our site or application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our toll-free compliance hotline at 1-855-754-2917.
We’re certified and compliant!
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- HIPAA/HITECH compliant
- SOC2 Type II certified
- Our hosted datacenter is SOC1, SOC2, and PCI-DSS certified
Our compliance standards and certifications are regularly assessed by internal security teams and qualified third parties.
We take a layered approach to security.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECURITY
Our state-of-the-art hosted datacenter includes
- Power distribution and backup power supply
- Multiple, redundant UPS-protected power circuits with generator backup
- Customer-operated environmental control
- Smoke detection units and fire suppression systems
- Biometric scanners
- CCTV monitoring
DATA PROTECTION AND APPLICATION SECURITY
- Logical network segregation via internal and external firewalls
- Server masking through traffic load balancing
- PGP-encrypted files transfer via secure file transfer protocol (SFTP)
- TLS v 1.2 cryptographic protocol ensures users have a secure connection from their browsers to Castlight services
- Multifactor authentication for remote access
- AES-256 bit encryption for data at rest
- We utilize data leakage protection
- Strict data retention and disposition procedures
- Web application firewall to protect against web based attacks
- Continuous vulnerability detection and remediation
- Host-based and network intrusion detection systems
- 24×7 incident detection and management
- Account and access logging with regular review
For more information about our Security practices, click here.