Last Updated June 16, 2017
1. Collection of Information
2. Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Information Requests. If you wish to request more information about Castlight, you are required to provide contact information (for example, name and email address). This information will be used by Castlight to contact you about our services.
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, Castlight automatically collects and stores in log files the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access the service; and the Internet address of the website from which you directly linked to Castlight. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. Castlight uses this log file information to analyze trends, monitor service traffic and usage patterns for internal marketing and security purposes, and to help make the Castlight Health Corporate Websites more useful.
- Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, we may supplement the information we collect with outside records or third parties may provide information in connection with a business relationship.
- Survey you to evaluate and improve the Castlight service. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and business address). We use this information to improve the service accuracy and develop new products. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or fulfill any prizes associated with campaigns. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
- Locator information, which may include your name, email address, physical address, and/or other data that enables someone to personally identify you. Castlight and your Internet Access Provider may use locator information as is necessary to enforce any of the terms of the Castlight Terms of Service.
- Provide access to gated areas of the Castlight Health Corporate Websites such as for webinars.
- Operate the Castlight service.
- Provide information as required by law.
- Update you on the Castlight service and its benefits.
Additionally, your information may also be used and disclosed as follows:
3. Disclosure of Information
- Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as marketing. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
4. Opting Out or Opting In to Specific Uses of Information
- If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire information regarding our service, you may correct, update, amend, or ask to have the information removed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or Customer Support at email@example.com, or by postal mail at Castlight Health, Inc., 150 Spear Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94105, Attn: Chief Privacy Officer. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days.
- Updates and Castlight Service Marketing. Castlight may provide service updates, tips or education, or may market the Castlight service to you as a potential user or if applicable to provide information about available benefits. Out of respect for your privacy, you will be able to opt-out of any such email communications at any time. You can expect to receive one to two emails per month from Castlight. To opt-out of Castlight email, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email or send an email with the subject line "Unsubscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org. To opt-out of any text messages from Castlight, please reply with "unsubscribe" in your message.
5. Storage and Maintenance of Information
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Castlight Health Corporate Websites, you can contact us at email@example.com.
7. Tracking Technologies
- We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Corporate Health Corporate Websites or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on these other websites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.